Sunday, September 25, 2005

change, change, change...

it'll do you good. so much has happened in the past couple weeks. i am switching teams at work (which i am both excited and scared about). i think it will be a change for the good. i'm definitely working on more high profile stuff, but at the same time, i working on more high profile stuff which means even more eyes on me. the change won't happen for a couple more weeks though, so i can just be anxious until then.

i broke up with my boyfriend/partner of almost 6 years and now we are in the awkward stage of living together while trying to find a new place (though this is my first time in this experience since this is my first relationship, first boyfriend for that matter). it's scary too. luckily i have great friends to keep me busy so i spend as little time at home as possible. (thanks kq, jr and sw!) i am pretty sure i found a place to live, i'll be moving downtown into jr's building, it'll be two girls living in the city! the apartment is a great size and really reasonably priced, it'll be more of a commute, but i'll be on my own!

another change for the better is the weight i've lost. once upon a time i used to weigh 210 lbs. wear size 38 jeans and x-large shirts. here is a snapshot in that time in my life:



i know, how did i have friends (thank you to those who befriended me)

and with lots of hard work and determination i have changed a lot over the years. i was able to get down to 180 lbs and stay there for quite some time. then with the help of kq i was able to get to the weight i am today 155 lbs. size 30 jeans and small shirt! (though i'm still working, i am quite proud of how far i've come and am now searching for compliments, hee hee) plus, i don't think any of my current friends have ever seen my way before picture. i may have lost my hair along the way, but it was worth it! so here is what i look like now in a lame shot of myself, i was trying to look cool and aloof. (you try taking a picture of yourself and not looking like a doof):



so let the compliments shower in.

i also owe a song: 24 hours by alexz johnson (who plays jude harrison on the n's instant star) it's a great show and song!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Follow the Frog said...

Hey Banana. Sounds like lots of change going on...it's been that way for lots of people I know lately. Something is in the air. oh well.

Congrats on the job and the weight loss. You look great! And I'm sure the break up and move will lead you to a happier home and relationship down the road.

vitamin g said...

thanks ml! i noticed that there is a lot of change going on everywhere as well...

Y. said...

Dude G, I had no idea you were so hot! I know you mention it frequently, but I only half-believed you until now. =)

Are you moving downtown, as in downtown LA? Cause if so, look me up!

Y. said...

P.S. I'm re-inspired to lose 10 pounds! ML, we will have to reinstigate the diet buddy system soon.

vitamin g said...

i highly recommend the buddy diet system. it worked great for kq and i. thanks for the compliments i'm blushing at my desk. and i will most definitely look you up, i'll be living at the grand central square apartments (above the grand central square market) i'm very excited to be living downtown (again, well srta, i lived at usc for 4 years so at least i'll know my way around!).

vitamin g said...

oh and p.s. i think i'm going to use that picture (the thin one thta is haha!) for my online profile once i'm ready to start dating again.

Y. said...

When you're ready to start dating, let me know. I have a cute friend I'd like to introduce you to! Well, we were friends in law school, but have been busy with the lawyer thing recently and haven't kept in touch at all. But, I'd make the effort to get re-acquainted with him on your behalf! =)

kq said...

Oooh, Y! Too bad you're out of town for the Veronica Viewing Party. :( You could have invited your friend over too! No worries, I'm sure I'll have another dinner party soon. ;)

vitamin g said...

y's my new best friend. is he a lawyer? hmmm...

me likey the sound of that hee hee hee.

thanks y, i want to get settled into my new place before i start going out again. so maybe in a month or so. and also invite everyone over once i am so they can see it!

Follow the Frog said...

Y, I've been getting all hard core diety this week. So I am up for the DB system again. It worked well last time, so let's revive it. It makes sense, now that summer's over and holiday season is upon us...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.